Blyth Golf Club was Founded in 1905. We have occupied 3 different sites in that time. The first being a nine hole course on the links to the south of the town and golf was played there until circa.1914. The Club then moved to a 12 hole course, inland adjacent to Plessey Road (known as the Old Course) until 1976. The third location was a newly built 18 hole course situated at New Delaval. The course was developed on land where once stood a Pit Head and it's entire minning community.This course, together with a new clubhouse was leased from Blyth Valley Council who also provided the manpower to maintain the course. 1991, saw the club take over the maintenance of the Golf Course from Blyth Valley Council. In 2008, Blyth Golf Club became masters of our own destiny, when the course, and clubhouse was purchased from Blyth Valley Council. The course has now matured into a tree-lined par 72 parkland course.